This Peanut Butter Caramel Slice is full of secret ingredients that fully satisfy all of your crunchy, gooey, sweet and savory cravings. It is the ultimate slice with the perfect ratio of base to filling and dollops of beautiful dark chocolate on top that make you want to go back for just one more bite. A smash hit in the OCHO Cafe & Shop, we use local Bay Road Peanut Butter and of course a couple of OCHO chocolate baking staples - nib and 70% Cacao PNG Buttons.
- 175g flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 20g nib
- 90g brown sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 80g golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 2 x small tins condensed milk
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- 25g 70% Cacao PNG Buttons, chopped
- Mix together the base ingredients and press into a lined 18cm x 30cm slice tin.
- Bake the base for 12-15 minutes at 150°C.
- Heat the golden syrup, butter, and condensed milk gently on a low heat until melted, stirring the whole time to ensure it does not burn on the bottom. Cook until mixture thickens. This should take around four minutes.
- Add the peanut butter into the caramel mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the caramel peanut butter mixture over the biscuit base and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Bake for a further 12-15 minutes at 150°C until golden brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool before cutting.
Hot tip: To ensure all your slices are the same size, use a ruler to guide where you cut each piece. No more arguing over who gets the biggest piece!
Pair this Peanut Butter Caramel Slice with some Dark Chocolate Brownie for your next afternoon tea party to really impress your friends. Sign up to our newsletter below for more recipes and updates on OCHO chocolate news.